Saturday, June 25, 2005

Lady Lamont and Kurious Kate's Caches


I decided that these six caches would made for a nice quick hike this afternoon. It didn't quite work out that way. I went to the end of Roscoe as directed and found about 6 very large No Trespassing signs, complete with security guards. I guess they were serious about not letting me go for a geo-hike.

Still wanting to do the caches, I remembered from the logs that someone did them from the north. So I drove up Woolsey Canyon Road to a likely spot and starting walking. Here are the caches that I found: Covered in Chocolate, Rocky Road, Sycamore Sanctuary, SAVORY SAGE, Super Staple and CHUMASH CAVE CACHE.


The hike's highlight was the poison oak--my favorite shrub. A lot of the poison oak leaves in the area have turned dark red. Some were even dark purple.






I found one plant that was easily over 15 feet tall.

Hopefully I stayed away from all of these, but time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home