Thursday, August 18, 2005

Latest Adventures


New caches have been pretty quiet this summer. I needed to get some exercise, so yesterday I went after Dudley's--reportedly a short, but very steep hike. It was steep, but not too bad on the way up. It took 12 minutes from car to cache. I didn't like the walk down the hill--too steep, too much loose sand on the trail. The views were pretty good--it was clearer than usual for a summer's afternoon. The photo above is near the beginning of the hike. I've been there a couple times for other caches. I always enjoy these oaks. However, all the green on the ground is poison oak. Just looking at is makes me a little itchy.


After Dudley's, I went on to finish the last 2 remaining caches on the Tujunga Wash Caching Trail. One I could get to because of high water and the other was MIA--probably washed away by the rains and floods. I did Tujunga Wash Caching Trail # 7 and Tujunga Wash Caching Trail # 12 to finish off the series.


There wasn't too much water--just enough to make it interesting. A few month's ago, I tried jumping across a narrow place in this stream, only to have the log I landed on collapse. I ended up in water up to my armpits.

Locationless Caches Become Waymarks

I've enjoyed doing locationless caches. To date, I have 118. They will soon be a thing of the past, being replaced with www.waymarking.com. It appears that the criteria for waymarks will be a lot looser than it was for locationless caches. I'm not sure what I think of the new program yet. I will have to wait and see how it operates.

Because locationless caches won't be counted as geocaching finds any longer, I'm trying to pick up some of them that I have had my eyes on. I did OK yesterday, logging World Mosques, Monarchs in the Americas, It's the Cheese!, and I Can't Drive....21?. Earlier in the week, I did The Noble Guardian (Sphinx Hunt) and Historic Synagogues of the World. I'm looking for a few more. Hopefully I will be able to find and log them before them turn into pumpkins (waymarks).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home